The purpose of this degree is to strengthen the full-time Christian worker or earnest layman who hungers for greater knowledge of the
Scriptures and to equip him for greater effectiveness in ministry.
Learning Outcomes: Graduates of this program will be able to
- demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the Word of God through expositional study,
- offer a credible defense of sound doctrine,
- integrate a greater understanding of Scripture into various ministry contexts, and
- evaluate current issues affecting ministry in light of biblical teaching.
This program focuses on a mastery of the messages of the verbally inspired Scriptures. Students study biblical truth as a whole, explore key topics in
more depth, and learn practical church and school concepts for a well-rounded ministry.
The M.A. degree must be completed within 7 consecutive years.
All coursework may
be completed via distance learning. Courses are also offered on campus during the fall and spring semesters and summer sessions.
The Master of Arts degree is conferred on students who satisfactorily complete the course of study outlined in the catalog and the following requirements.
- Complete at least 30 credit hours, including all courses required for this program of study.
- Earn a 3.00 grade point average at Pensacola Theological Seminary and receive at least a “C-” in all courses.
- Complete the residence requirements at Pensacola Theological Seminary.
- Complete a Petition for Graduation form in the Records Office no later than registration for the first class of the summer of anticipated graduation or
by the end of the drop/add period of the fall or spring semester of anticipated graduation. (Graduation fees
are assessed based on stated anticipated graduation date.)
- Settle all financial obligations to the Seminary.
All graduation requirements must be completed prior to participation in Commencement. If a student has completed the graduation requirements and is on
campus, he must participate in Commencement.
Back to Top